Monday, October 4, 2010

BP4_HeadMagnet

As I get older I have found that I do not have the memory I once boasted about. My spelling skills have begun to deteriorate and I find myself forgetting the names of those students I once thought of as unforgettable. And I am only 36......

Well, not anymore! (Okay so I am still 36, but can have the memory of yesteryear with the help of this incredible site.)

This screenshot of HeadMagnet may be the vision of my very own saving grace.

This site has intuition as demonstrated by using the answers you have offered to predict the problem areas you will have. The dose of reality offered from the insight into what will happen to your memory if you do not study. Using data from other users, popular study lists have been created and are available for use. Customizing is also an option.
Add your own information for vocabulary lists, important dates, people's faces and names, or any other information you need to be able to remember. Using the site you can study for a set amount of time or questions. Take tests by typing in the answers or just thinking the answers.

Great site for those things we just have to memorize such as the 50 states, spelling words, vocabulary definitions, important dates (historical or personal), and be able to match the names to the faces of the people you see every day or hardly ever!

Professional use and impact:
  • help the teacher learn student names
  • help the students study teacher made curriculum
  • has a collaborative piece so study groups can be formed
  • fun way to exercise the brain

HeadMagnet is protected by copyright protected 2008-2010 by iDumpling.com.





1 comment:

  1. Jeri I have already opened an account and have started to "explore." I am not sold on the interface yet of how to construct images and flash cards, but the quality of the operation and variety of settings is very good to use with my students for tutoring purposes. I believe it will even be possible to use in classes as well for reviewing multiple items in each subject. Thanks

    ReplyDelete