Sunday, October 24, 2010

PE_6

iMovie




Some of our staff decided to surprise our elementary students by dancing to Michael Jackson's Thriller on the day of our Halloween parades and parties. I happen o be unable to participate because I am in a cast, but they asked me to help with the sound. I stopped in one afternoon for their practice and thought we should record it so they could have it to practice. My daughter agreed to run the camera for us. My principal sent me the sound file. I just had to put it all together!

This was the first time I had used iMovie to sync and audio track with a video track. I was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I think I did not get the properly edited music track though because it had to be trimmed extensively in the beginning in order for it to match the end of the dance. I know that my principal's son had done some editing to the sound track to make it fit the dance.

I would say it worked pretty well for my first time! My daughter said our staff looks way better than her high school teachers do when they do this for the high school students every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment