Sunday, October 10, 2010

BP5_Photoshow


Photoshow allows users to access a FREE account where they can create their own photo slide shows. Photos are uploaded from either the user's computer or a social networking site. In the example above, I was able to use screenshots taken from class assignments. This can allow a variety of photos to be used. Scan hand drawn images to include them. Take photos of your own art work or create a digital masterpiece in a drawing program. The free account includes a limited number of captions, bubbles, themes, and songs. Completed shows may be shared by email, posting to a blog or social networking site, viewed on the Photoshow site, or even burned to disc. The example above was created using the free account. Upgrade to the premium account and get even more options for only $39.99 for a year.

A tool such as this could offer incredible benefit to a classroom. Student created virtual field-trips would be at any teacher's fingertips. Create an art show for people to view online. This would also be an asset to a teacher when it comes to communicating with parents because parents would be able to see what happens in the classroom during special events or activities. Awesome to be able to share with parents unable to attend, as well. This could also benefit students that miss special presentations because they could still be part of it through the photos and captions.

Critical note though - be sure to have parent permission/release forms on file prior to taking photos and creating the slideshows. Protect yourself and your students.

2 comments:

  1. Jeri,

    Thanks for sharing Photoshow. I tried it out and it works very similar to another site I used called Animoto. I think Photoshow has backgrounds and graphics more appropriate to elementary students. I am going to create a compare/contrast exercise for my students looking at both sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeri,
    Tremeris Sanders here. When I look for a blog post to comment on I look for something that will catch my eye and be interesting to use while teaching and thanks your photoshow video I think I've found it. Photoshow will go great with Google Earth while presenting about music history and the importance of music in education. I see it as a powerpoint replacement where I can set the timing of each picture to as I present to a class or administration. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete